Calvin University/University of Michigan Medical School Partnership Scholarship - The Kok Scholar
The late Mrs. Harry Kok has provided Calvin University with a gift in memory of her late husband, Dr. Harry Kok, who was a medical doctor. Dr. Kok was a graduate of Calvin College as well as the University of Michigan Medical School. This scholarship brings together Dr. Kok’s deep respect for both institutions and honors his love of medicine and care of people.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.90 or higher and an ACT of 31 or higher or a combined SAT of 1340 or higher
- U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented North American students
- demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine
- be admitted to Calvin University by February 1
- pursuing a pre-med program
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher and continues to demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine (three years only).
Applicants will find specific selection, interview, and decision timelines here.