Dr. and Mrs. Lee S. Huizenga Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the children of Dr. and Mrs. Lee S. Huizenga to remember their parents’ lifelong commitment to “preach the gospel – heal the sick” in missions. Dr. Huizenga served in China from 1920 to 1945 and was recognized internationally for his research and work in leprosy and tuberculosis. This scholarship is intended to assist a student pursuing a career in ministry or medicine with an interest in missions or service work.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- pursuing a pre-med or pre-ministry program
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.
- Pre-Medicine, Pre-Seminary