Calvin University/University of Michigan Medical School Partnership Scholarship - The Feenstra Scholar
Dr. Laurence Feenstra along with his sons, Richard and David, and their families, established this scholarship, which brings together their deep love and respect for Calvin University and the University of Michigan Medical School. All three graduated from Calvin College and U of M Medical School. As a physician, Larry was dedicated to patients and to medical education. He influenced and inspired numerous young doctors and medical students, including his sons. Through his medical career he exhibited genuine compassion for his patients, sharing God’s love with many needy hearts. He also stimulated students and physicians with his dedication and emphasis on excellence.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.90 or higher and an ACT of 31 or higher or a combined SAT of 1340 or higher
- U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented North American students
- demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine
- be admitted to Calvin University by February 1
- pursuing a pre-med program
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher and continues to demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine (three years only).
Applicants will find specific selection, interview, and decision timelines here.
- Laurence Feenstra Family
- Cost of Tuition
- Supplemental Questions
- What draws you to a career in medicine and why do you think that you are a good fit for this profession?
- Calvin University is a Christian liberal arts college. Please discuss how you think that Calvin will uniquely prepare you for a career in medicine.
- Tell us about an experience you had that led to new insights. What did you learn and how have you applied these lessons to your life?