Bruce B. Dice Geology Scholarship
Bruce Dice is deeply grateful for God’s immense blessings in his life. He has done well professionally and is committed to serving his church and supporting non-profits that further God’s work in this world. This scholarship was designed for a geology major who has a deep heart for Calvin and the way it prepares students to make an impact on others.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- dedicated geology major
- willing to work in the Bruce B. Dice Mineral Museum for approximately 8 hours per week during the academic year
- financial need is not required
Criteria for the award will include the following:
- passionate about geology and can convey that to others
- good communication skills. Because the recipient will often serve as docent for the Bruce B. Dice Mineral Museum, he or she must be articulate and engaging in order to communicate well with visitors.
- strong commitment to the Christian faith and Calvin University, and a willingness to take a course in Christian philosophy.
- expect to contribute to further science and faith discussions from a Christian standpoint following graduation
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.
- Geology & Geography
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe why you are a geology major and your perspectives on science and the Christian faith, specifically as it relates to the discipline of geology
- Have you completed a Christian philosophy course already or will you next academic year?
- Are you willing and able to work 8 hours per week during each semester (next academic year) in the Bruce B. Dice Mineralogical Museum?
- Please provide a name and email address for a letter of recommendation.