John C. Heerspink Memorial Scholarship
In keeping with the philanthropic and service example set by his parents, much of John Heerspink’s career and volunteerism were directed to non-profit agencies, including many years in planned giving leadership in West Michigan and beyond. With this scholarship, the family of John Heerspink acknowledges a student who has a heart for service and feels a calling to a career in a 501c3 organization, an NGO, or who has a goal of graduate education in non-profit administration or philanthropy studies.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- majors could include but are not limited to business, social work, global development studies or political science with a concentration in policy studies and civic leadership
- demonstrate a vested interest in non-profit or philanthropic leadership
- demonstrate a spirit of service through volunteering in school, church or community
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the student continues to be interested in the non-profit or philanthropic leadership described above and meets the other scholarship criteria. Renewal is subject to funding availability.