Miersma Family Scholarship
John Miersma and Eibertje (Bertha) Van de Pol Miersma were members of the Christian Reformed Church and supporters of Calvin College. The Miersmas volunteered at Rehoboth, NM, in various capacities and developed a love for the ministry, the people and the landscape of Rehoboth. This scholarship was established in their memory by their son John P. Miersma and his wife Kirstie. Through this scholarship the Miersmas wish to encourage graduates of Rehoboth Christian School to attend Calvin University.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- graduate of Rehoboth Christian School in Rehoboth, NM
- first preference will be given to a prospective student or a student pursuing ministry studies
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.