Dr. and Mrs. Lee S. Huizenga Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the children of Dr. and Mrs. Lee S. Huizenga to remember their parents’ lifelong commitment to “preach the gospel – heal the sick” in missions. Dr. Huizenga served in China from 1920 to 1945 and was recognized internationally for his research and work in leprosy and tuberculosis. This scholarship is intended to assist a student pursuing a career in ministry or medicine with an interest in missions or service work.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- pursuing a pre-medical or pre-seminary program
- preference given to those who show strong interest in missions or service work and active volunteerism
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.