Leanne Joy Knot Memorial Scholarship
With the generous help of many friends, the family of Leanne Joy Knot, a 1991 graduate of Calvin, established a scholarship in loving memory of their daughter and sister, whose life was tragically taken in 1997 while she was a graduate student in social work and public health.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a major in sociology or social work
- demonstrate a deep love for Jesus Christ as expressed by the Reformed faith and a love for others as evidenced by a sincere desire to 1) help children, 2) promote improved health care, education, or standards of living among the poor, or 3) volunteer in the Peace Corps
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.