Gordon and Eleanor Spykman Memorial Scholarship
The family of Gordon J. Spykman established this scholarship to honor the life, work, and convictions of their dear husband, brother and father. The Gordon and Eleanor Spykman Memorial Scholarship encourages students to explore the implications of Jesus Christ’s claim on every square inch of creation, in all spheres of life.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a major or minor in religion and theology
- have an interest in a reformational worldview as expressed in a paper written as part of the application for the scholarship. The paper should be a brief, one to two page, statement of a world and life view as gained at Calvin University
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.