Johan and Wilma Westra Scholarship
Dr. Johan G. Westra was the first full-time political science professor at Calvin and taught for many years. He also served as the pre-law advisor for more than 20 years. Wilma Westra has served Calvin as bookstore manager, executive secretary of the Alumni Association, Coordinator of Adult and Continuing Education, and as a volunteer Knollcrest Festival Chair.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- majoring in political science or international relations or pursuing a pre-law program
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to students who are active in volunteer work on campus or in the community and to those with a career goal in public service
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher and if the recipient remains active in volunteer service. Renewal is subject to funding availability.