Roy A. Reimer Memorial Scholarship
Roy Reimer was drawn to his future wife (Joyce), in part, by his fascination with her organ/piano playing. Once they were married, he began a life in education and she in music, raising four children who shared their love of learning and music. Along the way, Roy provided for his children’s private lessons, instruments, music camps and much toward their college education, always encouraging their musical and educational growth and showing great pride in their accomplishments. Roy was called home to be with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on May 9, 2008. The Reimer family looks forward to the continuation of Roy’s legacy, supporting and celebrating Calvin string students for generations to come.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- proficiency in playing the violin, viola or cello
- demonstrate potential to be a leader in Calvin music ensembles
- required to take private lessons and participate in orchestra and chamber music during the year that the scholarship is used
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met, if the recipient is in good academic standing, and if they perform at high level in juries. Renewal is subject to funding availability.