Carol Pasterkamp Memorial Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the family and friends of Carol Pasterkamp for her commitment to nursing in the face of great adversity. During Carol’s years at Calvin, she was involved in a severe skiing accident. Carol was able to return to Calvin to complete her nursing training and then went on to work as a nurse in a school system as well as at the health department in Grand Rapids. Carol was deeply committed to helping children and families.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- nursing major
- admitted to the nursing program
- preference is given to those who face special physical circumstances or who are returning to school at a later age
- students wishing to work in pediatrics are also considered
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.