Charles R. and Marie Werner Scholarship
Mrs. Marie Werner and her family established this scholarship in gratitude for the wonderful Christian education that she and her late husband, Chuck, and their four daughters received at Calvin. Marie has designated this scholarship to the Nursing Department in honor of two of her daughters who graduated from the Calvin/Grand Valley Nursing program that was in existence in the 1970’s and 1980’s. The Werner family wishes to emphasize the students’ commitment to nursing as a profession that serves the Lord in caring for His people.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- nursing major
- admitted to the nursing program
- demonstrate Christian character and promise of growth through participation and leadership in activities outside the classroom such as community, church, and extra-curricular activities
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.