Arnold, Elva and Doris Bakker Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Doris Bakker to honor her parents, Arnold and Elva Bakker, and encourage students to pursue careers in the field of nursing as well as to be ambassadors for Christ. “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.” (II Corinthians 5:20). Doris spent 49 years in nursing, with many short term foreign mission experiences. While not all of the family could personally go to the mission field, this scholarship is meant to encourage others to take up the challenge.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- pursuing a degree in nursing, pre-physician assistant, pre-med or another health related field
- interested in medical missions
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.