Calvin and Shirley Van Heukelem Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Calvin and Shirley Van Heukelem out of their personal interest and commitment to address the needs of the underserved in developing countries. Cal and Shirley spent many years involved in their own business and believe that business, properly encouraged and directed, can promote justice, address poverty, improve lives and restore hope and dignity. It is Cal and Shirley’s desire that this scholarship will serve as an encouragement to students who are committed to effectively addressing the greatest needs of God’s children.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- international development studies major or minor
- exhibit strong potential for Kingdom service and leadership in the global arena
- strong sense of calling to use these leadership gifts in a holistic way to benefit the poor of developing countries
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met.