Cornelia and Marvin Vanden Bosch Scholarship
Cornelia (Scholten) Vanden Bosch established this scholarship in 1981, shortly after the death of her husband, Dr. Marvin P. Vanden Bosch (Calvin, 1933), and in response to a grandson’s accidental injury and subsequent disability. It was Mrs. Vanden Bosch’s desire that students with disabilities be helped to obtain a Calvin education in spite of their disabilities. Although Mrs. Vanden Bosch is not college-educated, she is an avid supporter of Christian education, and particularly of Calvin, as was her late husband.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- physically disabled and whose disability is likely to continue indefinitely
- preference is given to students who have substantial functional limitations
- using (or planning to use) the services provided by the Office of Services to Students with Disabilities
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient is making satisfactory academic progress and if they continue to demonstrate financial need. Renewal is subject to funding availability.