Arthur J. and Laura Jean Gritter Family Scholarship
The Gritter Family’s feelings about persons with special needs come from living with members of their own family, now passed, who lived with Down Syndrome and Duchenes Muscular Dystrophy and who participated in special education programs. Their presence influenced attitudes about financial support and career choices. Two generations of family members work in health care, mental health, and special education.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- pursuing a program in special education
- preference is given to those whose character development has been influenced through his or her own disability
- strong record of volunteerism or participation in athletics (either intramurals or a college team)
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.