Calvin College/University of Michigan Medical School Partnership Scholarship
This scholarship was established to attract prospective students who have a strong interest in, and an aptitude for, pursuing an undergraduate degree at Calvin College and a medical degree at the University of Michigan. The selected student will receive a full-tuition scholarship to Calvin College, a University of Michigan undergraduate biomedical summer research position, and a guaranteed interview for admission to the University of Michigan Medical School (when demonstrating significant altruistic experience and clinical exposure to medicine during their time at Calvin, and meeting the University of Michigan Medical School’s published admissions criteria).
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.90 or higher
- pursuing a pre-med program
ACT of 31 or higher or combined SAT of 1340 or higher
- demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident with preference given to underrepresented North American students
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher and if the scholarship criteria continues to be met (three years only).