Clarence and Nelly Battjes Memorial Scholarship
Clarence Battjes worked for Consumers Power Company and eventually left its employ to work in small business. In 1949, he organized an auto dealership which he owned until his death in 1963. His wife, Nelly, established this scholarship in his memory to encourage other Calvin students in their pursuit of business knowledge.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- business major concentrating in business administration
- demonstrate leadership skills and demonstrate a commitment to serve others
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable for the senior year if the recipient continues to meet the scholarship criteria. Renewal is subject to funding availability.