Bette and John Bosma Teacher Education Scholarship
During the sixteen years that Bette Bosma taught undergraduate and graduate courses at Calvin in the teaching of reading, she sought to instill the love of learning and of reading in prospective teachers. Students returning to pursue teacher education beyond the usual time period of high school-to-college sequence received her special encouragement and counseling. This scholarship continues that emphasis.
- entering junior, senior or 5th year (Post-BA may apply)
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a degree in the teacher education program
- first preference will be given to applicants who are returning to college to receive a teacher education degree after some time away from campus or because of a change in career choice. Second preference is for a student needing a fifth year of study to finish their degree. Third preference is for a graduate student.
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.