Bette and John Bosma Teacher Education Scholarship
During the sixteen years that Bette Bosma taught undergraduate and graduate courses at Calvin in the teaching of reading, she sought to instill the love of learning and of reading in prospective teachers. Students returning to pursue teacher education beyond the usual time period of high school-to-college sequence received her special encouragement and counseling. This scholarship continues that emphasis.
- entering junior or senior year (Post-BA may apply)
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a degree in the teacher education program
- available to 5th year students
- preference will be given to those who are returning to college after some time away from campus or because of a change in career choice
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.