Dr. Bernard Zylstra, S.J.D., Memorial Scholarship
Mr. Gerrit and Mrs. Carol Zylstra established this scholarship to honor their brother, Dr. Bernard Zylstra, former Professor of Political Theory and President of the Institute for Christian Studies. Bernard Zylstra actively promoted the development of Christian political theory, and this scholarship is intended to encourage students to pursue studies in the development of Christian political theory.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- history, philosophy, political science, or international relations major
- evidence of Christian character and promise of growth
- must submit a 1,200 word essay that reflects on some article by Bernard Zylstra concerning political theory
- provide a statement of potential career goals that indicates some relevance to political theory and of how this scholarship would help accomplish those career goals
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.