Donald and Nancy Wierenga Business and Public Service Scholarship
Following in his father’s footsteps, Donald Wierenga established a successful insurance business in Byron Center, MI, where he also served as Byron Township Treasurer. Over his 40 plus years of private and public service, Don Wierenga modeled Christian business practices, community service, and stewardship to his children. He and his wife, Nancy, were highly committed to Christian education and worked diligently to send their children to Christian elementary and secondary schools, and also to Calvin College. This scholarship was established to express appreciation for the Wierenga’s legacy and to support the continued development of Christian business leaders.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- business and/or political science major, with demonstrated interest and aptitude for business leadership and public/community service
- from Byron Center, MI (49315 zip code)
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.