Betty Vredevoogd Memorial Scholarship
Betty Vredevoogd graduated from Calvin in 1941 with a degree in education, followed by a masters degree in special education from the University of Michigan. She devoted her life to teaching, faithfully serving for many years at Children’s Retreat, a Grand Rapids area educational facility for children with developmental disabilities. Betty passed away in 1999, but through this scholarship, a new generation of special education teachers will be encouraged to excel in their chosen profession, just as she did.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- pursuing a program in special education
- demonstrate excellent Christian character, superior motivation, and top academic work
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher. Renewal is subject to funding availability.