Bernard Vellenga, Jr. Scholarship
Mr. Bernard Vellenga, Jr. entered the family business after his junior year of college. Eventually, he became president of the company and a recognized national leader in the industry and trade associations. However, his career became secondary as his Christian witness and desire to tell others of the saving grace of Jesus Christ took prominence. He also recognized the value of a Christian college degree in the development of young people desiring to pursue a business career. This scholarship was established by the family of Mr. Vellenga in recognition of his Christian witness, example, and desire to help Christian young people pursue their goals in the business and economic life of our culture.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- business or accounting major
- preference is given to those involved in volunteer and extracurricular activities
- demonstrate the ability to express the importance of their Christian faith in their lives
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not automatically renewable. You must re-apply to be considered.