Doris Tuinstra Cross Cultural Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Doris Tuinstra, a businesswoman from Grand Rapids, MI, who has lived under the mandate to seek first the Kingdom of God in her business, personal and church affairs. Doris has served in various capacities in her local church and in the area classis. She established this scholarship to encourage qualified people to train for the task of building the church of Jesus Christ, especially in non-North American countries.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- global development studies major or minor
- exhibit strong potential for Kingdom service and leadership in the global arena, including such areas as, but not limited to, education, health, business and environment
- have a strong sense of calling to use these leadership gifts in a holistic way to benefit the poor in developing countries
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to students from developing countries and to North American ethnic minority students, but majority culture students from North America are also eligible for consideration
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.