Nursing Legacy Scholarship
Rosalyn M. Ghysels attended Calvin College and graduated from John Hopkins University with her Bachelor of Science degree in nursing, followed by her Master of Science degree in Nursing from Columbia University. She dedicated her career to nursing education. After spending time in Rehoboth, NM, she saw the importance for Native American nurses to serve this community. She established this scholarship to assist students in their nursing education with the hopes of encouraging students from Rehoboth to provide quality nursing care to their community upon graduation.
- entering junior or senior year
- accepted into the nursing program
- first preference is given to a graduate of Rehoboth Christian School
- second preference is given to an ethnic minority student
- special consideration is given to a student who desires to provide nursing care to the Rehoboth community upon graduation or to work as a nurse ministering to the underserved
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.