Klanderman Family Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Bruce and Alice Klanderman to recognize scholarship, hard work, and a disciplined approach to study by a chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering major, with a preference for a student who plans to attend graduate school. Bruce, class of 1959, majored in chemistry at Calvin, and Alice, class of 1958, majored in education. Bruce went on to earn his M.S. and Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Illinois before going to work in chemistry research and environmental technology management for the Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester, NY.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher both as an overall GPA and within the major, which recognizes achievement in all courses of study
- pursuing a chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering major
- financial need is not required
- first preference will be given to a student who plans to attend graduate school
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.