Renee E. Overbeck Scholarship
Renee (Thatcher) Overbeck was able to attend Calvin College and pursue a nursing major because of the generous financial assistance she received through scholarships. She has worked as an RN since graduation in 2003 and has strong pride in the Calvin nursing program and great respect for the wonderful nurses it produces. Renee feels strongly about the importance of a Christian education and the ways it helps create an exceptional bedside nurse. The Overbeck family established this scholarship in Renee’s honor to help others pursue a Christ-centered nursing education at Calvin University.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- female intending to pursue a nursing major
- demonstrate a servant heart, warm personality and involvement in their home church
- financial need is considered
- first preference will be given to a student who is currently working and intends to continue working while a student at Calvin
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is not renewable.