Arnold and Janice VanderBok Family Scholarship
Arnold and Janice VanderBok established this scholarship out of gratitude to God for the abundance of blessings He has provided to them and their family. They are also thankful to Calvin for the quality Christian education it provides that they and their daughters and sons-in-law have been able to receive. After many years of commitment to Mexican mission projects, it is also their desire to help a first or second generation Hispanic student who can communicate in Spanish to prepare for a helping profession.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- majoring or planning to major in a helping profession such as a social worker, teacher, pastor, nurse, or doctor
- able to communicate in Spanish
- financial need is considered
- first preference will be given to a Hispanic student from North, Central or South America
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.
- Congregational and Ministry Studies, Education, Nursing, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Seminary, Sociology and Social Work
- Supplemental Questions
- The recipient of this scholarship will be a student majoring or planning to major in a helping profession such as a social worker, teacher, pastor, nurse, or doctor, who is able to communicate in Spanish. Please describe how you meet these criteria.