Charles J. and Marianne Stehouwer Business Scholarship
Chuck and Marianne Stehouwer have been blessed in their marriage as well as in their careers. Chuck became a managing partner of the Grand Rapids office of Deloitte & Touche and has hired many Calvin graduates through the years. The Stehouwers realize that there are some excellent students that will become fine employees, managers, and potential owners of businesses that don’t necessarily have a high GPA. The Stehouwer scholarship is targeted toward the student that has high potential to become an entrepreneur and has a wide variety of interests.
- entering junior year
- have a grade point average that demonstrates improvement (i.e. 2.00+ GPA overall and 3.00+ GPA in business)
- demonstrate academic improvement in their first two years at Calvin
- pursuing a business or accounting major
- a follower of Jesus Christ
- demonstrate motivation and involvement in activities outside of the classroom (i.e. summer employment, volunteer work and a demonstrated ability to lead)
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the student continues to show improvement semester by semester. Renewal is subject to funding availability.