Lester and Viola De Boer Psychology Scholarship
Dr. De Boer, a school psychologist, attended Calvin from 1937 to 1940. He had a strong interest in special education and helping people with learning disabilities. His wife, Viola, established this scholarship in his memory to recognize his achievements and to encourage and honor Calvin students studying in the field of psychology.
- entering junior or senior year
- excellent academic record
- concentrating in psychology
- financial need is considered
- if the requirements listed above are met, the following may also be considered: preference will be given to students with physical disabilities or to students who have an interest in working with children with special needs (this could include hearing impaired, visually impaired, gifts or learning disabled)
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.