DornerWorks Computer/Software Engineering Scholarship
This scholarship was established by DornerWorks, Ltd to encourage students to pursue their calling using their technical gifts and talents. Their goal of the donors is to encourage and support prospective and current students interested in pursuing a career in computer/software engineering—especially embedded systems, which is the design of computer hardware and software “behind the scenes” because it is embedded within a larger machine or system. These systems respond to events in real time (e.g., avionics systems in aircraft and electronics in medical devices).
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher
- pursuing a major in engineering with an electrical and computer engineering concentration or a major in computer science
- financial need is considered
The following preferences (in order) shall be used when more than one applicant meet the above criteria:
- students who currently have an internship with DornerWorks
- students expressing an interest in embedded systems
- demonstrate leadership and professionalism in and out of the classroom
- financial need
- students entering their junior year
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.
- DornerWorks, Inc.
- Computer Science, Engineering