De Vries Family Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the children of Andy (Jeane) De Vries and Bud (Doris) De Vries to recognize the sacrifices of their parents and grandparents by establishing a scholarship for students whose parents did not have the opportunity to attend college. The De Vries grandparents immigrated from the Netherlands and struggled to make ends meet to send their two sons to Christian elementary and secondary schools. The De Vries brothers and their wives made many sacrifices so that a Christian education would be available to their children. All eight of the De Vries brothers’ children attended Christian elementary and secondary schools and graduated from college, seven from Calvin College.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- neither parent has attended college
- interested in a mentoring relationship with the donor
- financial need as defined by government programs is required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the student has a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher and if both the student and the donor commit to continue the mentoring relationship each year. Renewal is subject to funding availability.
- Supplemental Questions
- Tell us about your interest in a mentoring relationship with the donor and how you could benefit from that.