S-STEM: Building Foundations for Success in STEM Scholarship
The NSF S-STEM program strives to eliminate common barriers experienced by students in STEM disciplines, with the end goal of increasing the STEM workforce. In addition to financial support, scholars will also take part in cohort activities throughout their time at Calvin University, including participating in first-year seminar together, enhanced faculty advising, and social events.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher
- planning to major in engineering, chemistry/biochemistry, biology, mathematics, physics, or computer science
- financial need is required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if students continue to make adequate progress towards a STEM degree and continue to exhibit significant financial need. Renewal is subject to funding availability.
- Supplemental Questions
- What about science, engineering or mathematics is exciting to you?
- How did your high school experience impact this interest?
- What are your career goals after obtaining your degree?