Covenant Renewal Scholarship for Worship Leaders
Nelson and Betty Grit established this scholarship in gratitude for God’s covenant with us and for those who have led us in covenant renewal while gathered for worship. Over the years, God has used people of all ages, from many denominations and from diverse places to lead them in worship. Through Scripture, music, visual arts, dance and prayer the Grits have been reminded of God’s love and of their commitment to live their lives in gratitude to Him. Their three daughters and many of their grandchildren have been among those who have led them in worship. It is the Grit’s intent that this scholarship be awarded to students who have helped lead worship in their home churches or high schools and who intend to continue using these gifts while at Calvin either on campus or in local congregations.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- helped lead worship in their home church, high school or on campus, and who intend to continue using these gifts while at Calvin, either on campus or in local congregations (examples of leading worship could include accompanying or participating on the praise team, helping with the technology of a service, etc.)
- worship apprentices and Jubilee Fellows are not eligible for the scholarship
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.
- Congregational and Ministry Studies, Music
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain how you have helped lead worship in your home church, high school or on campus and how it has impacted you. Also explain how you plan to use these gifts while at Calvin, either on campus or in local congregations. (worship apprentices and Jubilee Fellows are not eligible)