Annemary Heerspink Memorial Social Work Scholarship
Annemary Heerspink, a 1968 Calvin graduate, majored in sociology. Her education and her concern for others led her to a career in case management with the State of Michigan and to a lifetime of volunteer service and personal philanthropy. Her family designated Annemary’s estate bequest for Calvin to create this scholarship which will annually benefit a promising junior or senior in the Bachelor of Social Work Program.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher (plus, a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher in social work courses)
- financial need as defined by government programs is required
- preference will be given to students who demonstrate potential for professional success and a commitment to the field of social work
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the scholarship criteria continues to be met (senior year only). Renewal is subject to funding availability.
- Sociology and Social Work