Peter A. DeVos Scholarship in Philosophy
This scholarship was established to perpetuate the memory of Peter A. DeVos and his contributions to the field of philosophy and to Calvin College where he served for 17 years as a professor of philosophy and for eight years in the administration as Dean of the Faculty and Provost. By establishing this scholarship, Mrs. Karen R. DeVos and her family wish to encourage further work in Christian philosophy and help make a Christian college education affordable for future generations of Christians.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- planning to pursue a major in philosophy or an interdisciplinary major with philosophy as a substantial component of the program
- if the above criteria are met, preference will be given to those who show a significant concern for social justice
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: If awarded to a junior, this scholarship is automatically renewable for the senior year if the criteria continues to be met. Renewal is subject to funding availability.