Gordon J. VanderBrug Scholarship
As a 25 year old Calvin instructor, Gordon J. VanderBrug believed that computers were vital to a college education and as a result, taught the first computer science class in Calvin’s history. Undeterred by the fact that the college did not have a computer, he found a local engineering company who was willing to let the students use its computer in the evening hours. Nearly thirty interested students and faculty, including fifteen in his numerical analysis class, completed the course. Calvin is grateful for Gordon VanderBrug’s generous efforts on behalf of his students and the college.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- majoring in computer science or majoring in mathematics with a computer science minor
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.
- Computer Science, Mathematics