Carol L. Faber Math Scholarship
Carol Faber is a successful businesswoman who has held important positions in the fields of business operations and information technology. She graduated from Calvin College with a mathematics major and computer science minor and feels blessed by the liberal arts education she received. After college, she studied operations research at the graduate level and applied her critical thinking skills to business operations, process improvement, and information technology. Carol established this scholarship to encourage young women to pursue a career in the field of math — a field she believes needs more qualified women who intend to use their talents in business.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- majoring in math
- first preference is for a female student
- preference will be given to a student who has expressed an interest in pursuing a career in a business or corporate environment
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.