Calvin University/University of Michigan Medical School Partnership Scholarship - The Bratt Scholar
The family of Dr. Harvey J. Bratt established this award to celebrate and honor all of the things that deeply enriched his life. Harvey loved his Saviour, his family, his church, Calvin College, the University of Michigan, and the art and practice of medicine. The Bratt Scholar enabled Calvin to offer the first scholarship through this partnership with the University of Michigan, which will prepare Calvin students for success in medical school and their future medical career.
- entering freshman year
- cumulative GPA of 3.90 or higher and an ACT of 31 or higher or a combined SAT of 1340 or higher.
- U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented North American students
- demonstrate a passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine
- pursuing a pre-med program
- admitted to Calvin University by February 1
- financial need is not required
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher and continues to demonstrate passion to serve God’s world through the field of medicine (three years only).
Applicants will find specific selection, interview, and decision timelines here.