Mary Louise Huizenga Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the children of John S. and Anne Huizenga to honor their sister, Mary Louise Huizenga, who was born with Downs Syndrome. Mary received much love, generous support and educational assistance from many kind and loving educators during her life time. In recognition of their contributions to Mary’s life, the family would like to assist students who have chosen to pursue a masters degree in special education at Calvin.
- pursuing a master’s degree in special education
- full or part-time student
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to persons desiring to be employed in a special education program in the school setting or to those needing additional training in special education. Current employment in either a special education school or a regular education setting is acceptable.
- persons employed in a Christian Learning Center network will be encouraged to apply
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.