DeVries-Post Teacher Education Scholarship
Mr. John W., Jr. and Dr. Arden R. (DeVries) Post of Grand Rapids, MI, wish to thank God for His material blessings to them, thank their parents for nurturing them in Christian love, and thank their Christian teachers for the education they were provided. To show their gratitude, this scholarship was established to assist future educators in the teacher education program at Calvin. This scholarship has been named in honor of their parents to recognize them for all they have done.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- planning to pursue a career in education and be admitted to the teacher education program
- financial need is considered
If the above criteria are met, then:
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.
- first consideration will be given to ethnic minority students. Students with physical disabilities will be considered next
- if there are no students that qualify on this basis, other students with a cumulative GPA between 3.00 and 3.50 will be considered
- preference will be given to those with the greatest need