Jennie and Sylvia Stielstra Scholarship
Jennie and Sylvia Stielstra lived to glorify God through their careers in elementary general education, elementary art education, on the mission field, in their church, and in their community.
- entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year
- cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 or higher for incoming students; cumulative university GPA of 2.70 or higher for current Calvin students
- intention to serve in either elementary education or in missions
- preference may be given to children of missionaries
- demonstrate Christian character and promise of growth through participation and leadership in activities outside the classroom such as community, church, and extra-curricular school activities
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher and must file a new application each year, but will be given preference over other candidates. Renewal is subject to funding availability.