Rainbow Foundation Scholarship
For over 30 years, the Rainbow Foundation has invested in the education of youth, primarily in a Christian environment. Under the leadership of Marjorie Hoogeboom and her late husband Tom, the Rainbow Foundation Scholarship was established in 1991. This award has played a critical and integral role in recruiting and retaining students from Kalamazoo Christian and Grand Rapids Christian Schools to attend Calvin University. This scholarship supports students who demonstrate servant leadership and Christ-like humble service through their involvement in extracurricular activities in school, church, and community.
- entering freshman year
- minimum high school GPA of 3.70 or higher
- demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities in school, church, and community
- demonstrate servant leadership and Christ-like qualities that support others with humility, care, and encouragement – oftentimes behind the scenes
- graduate of Kalamazoo Christian High School or Grand Rapids Christian High School. One new recipient from each school will be selected each year.
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a minimum GPA of 3.00 or higher (three years only).