Edwin and Eleanor Vrieland Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Edwin and Eleanor Vrieland to enable and encourage gifted students to pursue careers in chemistry and biochemistry at Calvin University, as well as to help them to develop a Christian world view. Edwin received an A.B. degree in chemistry from Calvin in 1959 and then a Ph.D. in chemistry from Northwestern University. Following graduation he enjoyed a rewarding career in research at the Dow Chemical Company. Eleanor is a registered nurse and has worked as a visiting nurse and as a staff nurse in the Midland hospital.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher and a 3.20 GPA in chemistry
- chemistry or biochemistry major
- demonstrate Christian character and participation in church activities
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher and a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or higher in chemistry. Renewal is subject to funding availability.