George G. Harper Scholarship
Mr. Don and Mrs. Carol Holtrop of Montague, MI, established this scholarship in honor of Dr. George G. Harper, who gave many years of service to Calvin, principally as professor of English, but also as a counselor of students, mentor to young faculty members, repository of insightful memories and stories, and valuable volunteer. It is their hope that this scholarship will be of some help in sharing Calvin University with African-American students and in encouraging these students to share themselves with the university.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- African American student with U.S. residency
- preference is given to students pursuing an English major or minor
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.