Ronald Buikema Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of the late Ronald Buikema of South Holland, IL. Mr. Buikema was a lawyer, an alumnus of Calvin, an active supporter of the college, and a member of Calvin’s Board of Trustees at the time of his death in 1997.
- entering senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- planning to attend law school or a graduate program in politics or government
- demonstrate significant leadership skills and involvement in community or extracurricular college activities
- financial need is not required
- if the above criteria are met, preference will be given to graduates from the Chicago area high schools
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.