Edward D. and Jennie VanderBrug Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is dedicated in the memory of Edward and Jennie (Hoekstra) VanderBrug. Both Edward and Jennie were immigrants to the United States in the early 1900’s. Although it was difficult at times to obtain a significant amount of formal education, the VanderBrugs were dedicated supporters of Christian schools and were intent on serving God’s purposes in their generation. Consistent with their belief that everything belongs to the Lord, this scholarship is meant to assist those who, sharing this belief, want their college education to assist them in living their whole life to the glory of God.
- entering freshman year (transfers may apply)
- this scholarship is open to North American ethnic minority students who are committed Christians. Preference will be given to African Americans. This is consistent with the family’s belief that a culturally diverse and distinctly Christian context will provide the best learning environment for the applicants and the Calvin faculty and student body.
- have academic potential and promise that demonstrates that they can be successful at Calvin
- financial need is considered
- priority will be given to applicants who have been involved in any recruitment program that has introduced them to the value and advantages of studying at Calvin
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable with a cumulative GPA of 2.60 or higher. Renewal is subject to funding availability.