Jacob and Kathryn S. Hekman Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Jacob and Kathryn (Schneider) Hekman in appreciation for the training they received at Calvin College. Together they have served congregations and Christian institutions for over 50 years. They are eager to encourage young people to experience the joy of Christian service that they have realized over their lifetime. It is their desire to assist a pre-seminary student in achieving this goal of service in Christian ministry, preferably within the Christian Reformed Church.
- entering junior or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- pursuing a pre-seminary course of study and planning to attend Calvin Theological Seminary
- demonstrate excellent Christian character and willingness to follow a life of service to God
- financial need is considered
Renewal criteria: This scholarship is automatically renewable if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher and continues in a pre-seminary program. Renewal is subject to funding availability.