Wallace Bratt and Barbara Carvill German Scholarship
This scholarship was established by two former German majors who were profoundly influenced and encouraged by Dr. Wallace Bratt and Dr. Barbara Carvill. They thankfully attribute their business success to these two professors who took a keen interest in them and encouraged them to pursue their German studies and work that would make use of their language skills. The donors’ desire in establishing this scholarship is two-fold: to honor Drs. Bratt and Carvill and to provide financial assistance and encouragement to current German majors or minors who are pursuing a career in business, math, science, or engineering.
- entering sophomore, junior, or senior year
- cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in German
- German major or minor with the clear intent of using the language in the fields of business, science, math, or engineering
- financial need is considered
- preference will be given to students from over 500 miles from Calvin’s campus
Renewal criteria: Students who wish to be considered for renewal must file a new application each year and will be given equal consideration with other candidates.